Frequently Asked Questions
How do get started with Eficode Root?
New platform design:
Typically the process begins with a short evaluation. Eficode experts study the current state of your software development pipeline and provide an actionable roadmap for further development.
Each Eficode Root Platform instance is individually designed to meet the Customer specific requirements and criteria. Variations include:
- Functional composition, e.g. which functionalities are chosen to be part of the managed service
- Tool selection. The reference architecture tool are recommended but not mandatory
- Environment selection
- Private cloud
- Public cloud
- Integrations to existing systems
- User management
- Secure connectivity
- Integrations to tools outside the managed service scope (e.g. cloud based tools such as Slack)
Transfer from an existing platform:
Eficode is also able to take over an existing, customer built tool chain. Along the takeover process, Eficode will bring the system to the same level with a clean installation in terms of functionality and system robustness.
Which benefits do I get when I use the Eficode Root service instead of an internally developed SW assembly line?
Eficode Root platform services relieve the customer product development and the development support teams from time-consuming toolchain administration and maintenance tasks. Hence, the teams are able to shift their focus entirely to more value adding project work.
Along with ensuring smooth day-to-day tool operation, Eficode Root service team takes responsibility of the continuous platform development. Eficode tool experts continuously scan the market for both new or improved solutions and make them available to customers as tested and pre-integrated platform extensions.
Other Eficode Root service benefits include:
- Key project assets (e.g. requirements, documentation, source code, installable packages) are stored safely and stay discoverable throughout the project life-cycle
- Fast platform deployment provides a fast track to having a devops capable software assembly line
- The platform is pre-integrated to support tool-to-tool information sharing
- Eficode Root proactive maintenance services make sure the platform is properly scaled, always available, and up to date
- Eficode Root support functions provide assistance in platform usage and development, especially in highly demanding admin tasks
- Access to Eficode professional services with focus on leadership and guidance in overall cultural transformation and hands-on implementation of automated software delivery pipelines
- The optional Eficode Root User Management (RUM) system provides a centralized access management system to all platform tooling
- The optional Eficode Root Track and Drive (TnD) metrics dashboards provide an end-to-end view to project quality and performance
How much does the Eficode Root service cost?
The exact monthly fee depends on the following platform specific parameters:
- The number and type of tools that belong to the managed service scope
- The number of Eficode Root platform users
- Environment costs. Environment charges are included in the fixed monthly fee if the system runs in a private cloud environment. Eficode may also charge the public cloud infrastructure costs as part of the monthly bill, given that the platform operates on Eficode managed account linked to the Eficode main cloud service account.
- Software licences. Eficode charges applicable software licenses for the tools included in the managed platform instance.
Please contact for more a detailed service quotation.
Which environment options do I have?
Eficode Root provides a variety of options for the environment selection. The private cloud environment, when combined with the rest of the Eficode Root service offering, is typically the most cost effective solution.
Eficode hosted private cloud:
Eficode Root runs as a turn-key solution in a customer specific private cloud environment managed and maintained by Eficode as part of the continuous maintenance and support service.
Eficode Root can be installed and maintained in an on-premise data center managed by the Customer or by a 3rd party service provider. In these cases Eficode Root service team manages the platform tools remotely via secure network connections.
Eficode Root can be installed in a public cloud service of the customer’s choice, including (but not limited to)
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- Alibaba Cloud
I would like to use a specific tool that is not listed on the Eficode Root website. Is that possible?
Yes. Customer specific Eficode Root instances can be equipped with additional or alternative tools not present in the current Reference Architecture or supported alternative tooling selections.